FIND YOUR K12 SCHOOL AND SUBMIT /EDIT YOUR K12 SCHOOL INFORMATION
FOLLOW http://twitter.com K12PlayGround.com
► “When they substitute their knowledge for ours, we grow angry because they have robbed us of our agency.”
@weeklystandard @smarick Trends in governing have eroded the beliefs, norms and processes by which we learn to be accommodating citizens in a pluralistic, deliberative democracy. By manufacturing rights that limit democratic decision-making, centralizing power in Washington far from citizens’…
► January 2019 “Within period of 72 hours, Nixon was inaugurated for second term, LBJ died, Roe v. Wade was decided, Vietnam War settlement was announced–all 46 years ago this month. ~ @BeschlossDC
► Ajit Pai Refuses to Brief Congress About Why Bounty Hunters Can Buy Cell Phone Location Data
► Former Trump Tax Attorney Ed Burke’s Office Raided by Feds
It was reported in 2016 that Ald. Ed Burke’s firm helped Donald Trump trim $11.7M off his property taxes
- Edward M. Burke’s office a Chicago Alderman, his law firm did tax work for Trump for 12 years ended May 2018
- 6/9/18 The Donald and The Alderman break up;
reported in 2016 that Ald. Ed Burke’s firm helped Donald Trump trim $11.7M off his property taxes
- Burke no longer doing tax work for Trump
The powerful Chicago alderman’s small law firm had worked for Trump for 12 years, persuading Cook County officials to cut the property taxes on the president’s namesake downtown skyscraper by a total of more than $14 million.
► “Your regular reminder that Equifax still exists. Everyone who was running the company when 148 million Americans’ data was stolen is still rich, and now their former lawyer is running the office at the Federal Trade Commission that’s supposed to investigate them.”
- “Massive data breach at the OK Securities Commission, millions of files containing decades worth of confidential case file intelligence from the agency and sensitive FBI investigation source materials exposed.
- Another huge database exposed millions of call logs and SMS text messages
- Axios “The SEC has charged a group of hackers with perpetrating a 2016 breach of its online corporate filing portal making more than $4.1 million in gains from using non-public information about companies.
National Music Publishers’ Association
The Copyright Royalty Board ruled that songwriters will get at least a 15.1% share of streaming revenues over the next five years, from a previous 10.5%. The CRB’s decision will require streaming services to pay 15.1 percent of revenue to songwriters and publishers, up from 10.5 percent. The court also issued a ruling regarding a late fee, which will force digital music services to pay songwriters faster, or be subject to a significant penalty.
Amazon, Apple, Google, Pandora and Spotify compelled to pay more for the use of music.
Pryor Cashman who represented NMPA and NSAI in the litigation that resulted in the Copyright Royalty Board (CRB) being ruled to increase royalty payments to songwriters and music publishers from music streaming companies.
This was a hearing pitting songwriters and music publishers against five technology companies, including three of the largest companies in the world (Apple, Amazon and Google), which sought to reduce the already low rate of royalties that they pay to songwriters for the use of their music on their streaming services.
► Federal Judge Asks Spotify: ‘How Many Songs Have You Infringed, Anyway?’