- A closer look at greasy palms – Bribery pays—if you don’t get caught
- Fortnite ‘black-market’ part of billion-dollar hacker economy
- Malicious Chinese SDK In 1,200 iOS Apps With Billions Of Installs Causing ‘Major Privacy Concerns To Hundreds Of Millions Of Consumers
- Jed McCaleb, Ripple Co-Founder, Reportedly Dumps Millions of XRP Daily
- The block chain is called “Ledger” in Ripple
- How the Sacklers Shifted $10.8 Billion of an Opioid Fortune Built on OxyContin
- SEC Modernizes the Accredited Investor Definition
- Piracy On Wednesday, three indictments were unsealed against members of “the Scene,” an elite tier of people who rip movies and put them on the internet for free.
- “I love hotel room “safes”
EDUCATION – DIGITAL DIVIDE BEEN HERE SINCE 1994
Educational CyberPlayGround, Inc. K-12 Education school directory, k12 Teachers, Music, Literacy, Arts, Technology, Internet, Linguistics
TRACING THE DIGITAL DIVIDE SINCE FROM FOREVER
The Communications Act of 1934
- 50% of these students do not have access to a computer and more than 40% do not have internet access
- 30% of U.S. Indigenous families access the internet only through a phone (if at all)
- 30% of yearly reading gains and more than 50% of yearly math gains could be lost for students who received no instruction since March
- 52% fewer K – 5 students in low-income households used the online platform Zearn Math in May than in January, while high-income students used it more
- $1,778,139 in additional funding could be needed for pandemic-related staff and logistics to reopen an average 3,659-student district, yet many face cuts
[outages] Level3 (globally?) impacted (IPv4 only)
5G in US averages 51Mbps while other countries hit hundreds of megabits
Average 5G download speeds in the US are 50.9Mbps, a nice step up from average 4G speeds but far behind several countries where 5G speeds are in the 200Mbps to 400Mbps range. These statistics were reported today by OpenSignal, which presented average 5G speeds in 12 countries based on user-initiated speed tests conducted between May 16 and August 14. The US came in last of the 12 countries in 5G speeds, with 10 of the 11 other countries posting 5G speeds that at least doubled those of the US.
TikTok must sell its U.S. operations by mid-November over fears that the app could be providing data to Beijing
TikTok Holocaust trend ‘harmful,’ says Auschwitz museum. “The Auschwitz-Birkenau museum and memorial spoke out against a new trend on social media platform TikTok where users role-play as holocaust victims, in a statement released on Wednesday. ‘The “victims” trend on TikTok can be hurtful and offensive,’ said the museum at the site of the former Nazi-German death camp Auschwitz-Birkenau in a statement, adding that some of the videos trivialized history.”
DELETE FACEBOOK NOW
Russia funded Facebook and Twitter investments through Kushner investor
Facebook Employees Are Outraged At Mark Zuckerberg’s Explanations Of How It Handled The Kenosha Violence. Facebook employees slammed Fucckerberg
A Kenosha Militia Facebook Event Asking Attendees To Bring Weapons Was Reported 455 Times. Moderators Said It Didn’t Violate Any Rules
The police are working with them. They’re going to completely overlook the unjust murder and equate property damage as more valuable than life and so RW nationalists with guns are warranted.
Facebook says Apple rejected its attempt to tell users about App Store fees. “Facebook Inc on Thursday told Reuters that Apple Inc rejected its attempt to tell users the iPhone maker would take a 30% cut of sales in a new online events feature, forcing Facebook to remove the message to get the tool to users.”
The RNC’s Puzzling Obsession with Socialism | Start Blaming the Government Response for the Spread of Covid. With a pandemic ravaging the country, a historically unpopular president and no platform to run on, the Republican Party has set its sights on attacking socialism. It doesn’t seem to be working. [Tech and Unions] inthesetimes.com
Leverage Is Everything
The striking NBA players have inherent power, but so do you.
Stop Blaming Individuals for the Spread of Covid and Start Blaming the Government Response By presenting collective, structural crises as separate, individual problems with separate, individualized solutions, the government abdicates its responsibility to meaningfully intervene.
KIDS SILENT CARRIERS—Children can carry the coronavirus in their noses and throats for weeks even if they don’t show any symptoms. “inapparent (asymptomatic) infections in children associated with silent #COVID19 transmission in the community”. Not good.
This demolishes new Trump WH-forced CDC guidelines to not test for asymptomatic cases. Dangerous.
Nicholas Christakis on fighting covid-19 by truly understanding the virus
The latest coronavirus is different from past ones, so requires a different response
World-first database catalogs 1,000s of viruses in our gut microbiome. “Researchers from Ohio State University have created the first catalog of viral populations known to inhabit the human gut. Called the Gut Virome Database, the study suggests each person’s gut viral population is as unique as their fingerprints.”
A.I. Tool Promises Faster, More Accurate Alzheimer’s Diagnosis. “By detecting subtle differences in the way that Alzheimer’s sufferers use language, researchers at Stevens Institute of Technology have developed an A.I. algorithm that promises to accurately diagnose Alzheimer’s without the need for expensive scans or in-person testing. The software not only can diagnose Alzheimer’s, at negligible cost, with more than 95 percent accuracy, but is also capable of explaining its conclusions, allowing physicians to double check the accuracy of its diagnosis.”